Home Forums Office Hours April 13th, 2022 Newsletter: Founder Fuel on Leadership

• April 13th, 2022 Newsletter: Founder Fuel on Leadership

Posted by Arjita on April 13, 2022 at 4:59 PM

Hi Founders,

This week I wanted to focus on founder leadership and some tools that may be of help for you.

As a founder, your job is to manage a whole plethora of people; investors, customers, employees, maybe your full time job, your personal life, your finances and of course your sanity.

Now I know there are so many resources out there that tell you to eat right, exercise, meditate, stay accountable. But, here is the thing! It is hard! And nearly impossible to do. And on top of it, social media makes it look like everybody is winning except you. So here is what I TRY (I fail a lot at it) to do:

1. One Teacher/Coach to ask me difficult questions: I know you must have heard about having an accountability partner, finding advisors and all that stuff. For me, as an introvert it is really difficult to talk to a group and stay motivated to show up. Most things that I want to pick up are with the help of a personal coach or teacher. I give them all the rights to ask me tough questions, have difficult conversations about my performance and advise me. And I know they are the ONLY ones that I have given this liberty to. I did this with my weights coach, my food coach, my business coach. It relieved the pressure off me to always be performing but also made me stay true to my goal honestly.

2. Make peace with my pace: Now here is the thing, I have burnt out twice in my life. The first time was when I was in college and running my business. I was 22 at the time so my body rebounded and all was well. But the second time I wasn’t kind because I was 30. I now know that if I keep running at an unsustainable pace, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO ALL THE THINGS THAT I WANT. So, now I have made peace with my pace. That does not mean that I am not productive. I am in fact very good at understanding what I need to do, what I need to delegate and what I need to let go to make sure that my growth is consistent. Ask yourself these 3 questions more often.

3. Stay Updated: World is changing fast and you don’t have to do everything that is in fashion right now but you do have to know it. Example: Showing up on social media. You may not be comfortable doing it but if your company needs it, learn about it and see what you can do to show up in a way that is still powerful for your growth and not feeling intrusive. Next Example: Blockchain. You may not be a coder, may not even need to know about this tech right now but you should. Here is why: It helps you get newer opportunities. It helps you hold a strong communication and it makes you an infinite adapter. Yes Adapter NOT learner. When things, technology changes, you change with them.

I hope this was helpful and would love to hear your thoughts. See you next week with another Resource Newsletter

Arjita replied 5 months, 2 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Hello!