Beware! – If you’re under the age of 16, please don’t give us your personal information unless you’ve first asked your parents or legal guardian, and they’ve allowed you to provide us your personal information. For EU and California residents, special considerations may apply as set forth below.
We know you have a bunch of questions, so here’s everything you need to know:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How will we share your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Protecting the Privacy of Children
- European Union-GDPR
- “Do Not Track” signals
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
We collect the following Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) data:
- Personal Identification Information including name, email address, phone number, date of birth, location, physical address and billing information.
- Profile Information includes your username, password, password hints and other information for authentication and account access, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, content of the messages you send us including feedback, reviews and survey responses.
- Technical Informationincludes URL information, internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Websites.
- Payment Information including your payment instrument (such as a credit card number) and associated security code in order to process your payments if you make a purchase.
- Transaction Informationincludes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Usage Information includes information about how you use our Websites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect Aggregated and De-Identified Information which includes information derived from the above-mentioned categories that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Access this Website.
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey.
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Subscribe to our service or publications.
- Use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Social networks when you reference our products or services;
- Partners or affiliates with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products or services, or engage in joint marketing activities;
- Publicly available sources such as data in the public domain.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- process your order and manage your account;
- collect any outstanding balance on your account;
- disclose your PII as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Site;
- email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like;
- collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Website and to understand more about the demographics of our users.
How will we share your data?
From time to time, we can share your data with the following third parties:
- our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services, if you agree;
- third-party vendors, service providers, contractors and agents, such as PayPal, WordPress, ActiveCampaign, in connection with the performance of services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving advertisements, providing mailing services, providing financial services, web hosting, or providing analytic services. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for scientific research purposes;
- other companies and brands owned or controlled by NFS and other companies owned by or under common ownership as NFS, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control);
- our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- when we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline according to generally accepted industry standards.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Website page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to PII data. The computers/servers in which we store PII data are kept in a secure environment.
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you may contact us at .
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies for example with our business partners and affiliates in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products and services, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always opt-out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the NFS group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can tell us you are withdrawing your consent by unsubscribing (just click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any message we send you and follow the instructions – please note that it might take a short period of time to process your unsubscribe request).
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to opt-out at any timewhere we are relying on consent to process your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We’ll advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant regulator if you feel that your personal information hasn’t been handled correctly, or you’re not happy with the way we’ve responded to anything you’ve asked us to do with your personal information. For EU citizens, HERE’Sa list of EU data protection authorities with their contact details.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us at:
Or write to us – 14511 Occidental Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA.
Privacy policies of other websites
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Persons under 18 (eighteen) years old are not the target audience for our Website.
This section only applies to you if you are a European Union resident.
Additional provisions apply to PII collected by NFS from European Union residents. You may access, update, delete or request we stop the use of your PII for marketing purposes by contacting us at . On receiving the above-identified categories of request, exceptions may apply for data maintained:
- Pursuant to any legal or contractual obligation;
- In relation to resolving, defending or enforcing our rights;
- For accurate business and financial reporting.
Any questions concerning our GDPR policies may be directed to . Requests must include “GDPR Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and postcode.
For information on California Privacy Rights, please refer to our PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
“Do Not Track” signals
Please note that we currently do not have or do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to any “Do Not Track” signals in the HTTP header on your browser or mobile application settings.
How to contact us
Or write to us – 14511 Occidental Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA.